Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

In this post, Country Mouse raved about the miniature landscapes we saw at the Flower and Garden show. Working in a cube and starved for light, I took the day off to putter around in the garden. Aside from general cleanup and some planting, I bought a pot and planted this.


That's two succulents I bought at the show, one succulent I bought yesterday, and two Eriogonum umbellatum aureum. I did my best to follow the instructions from the class, mixing some rocks in the soil and covering it all with gravel. I'm not sure it will work with the eriogonum, which grows to 12 inches, but it's worth a try, and I can transplant later.
All in all, a great day in the garden. And now back to work!

Comments

Michelle said…
That's really beautiful! Could you keep the eriogonum clipped, sort of like bonasai? Now you've got me inspired to try something similar!
Gail said…
I agree with Michelle...it is lovely...balanced, proportioned and the rock couldn't be better! You have a good eye! gail