Local native heuchera, columbine, and woodmint - oh my! And ferns galore!

Heuchera, columbine, woodmint - oh my! and sedges and sorrel and ferns galore - all tumbling into leaf and bloom and gladdening my heart!

All local natives either growing wild there (most of the ferns) or that I grew originally from local gathered wild seed for this steep north-facing slope on our property, what I would call an "edge of woodland" planting. Please scan down and enjoy. IDs in captions. Except sedges which I don't yet know.


Paintbrush - Castilleja affinis


Redwood sorrel upper right center, Oxalis oregana
Sword fern, Polystichum munitum

Goldback fern, Pentagramma triangularis

Licorice polypody, Polypodium glycyrrhiza (I think!)

Alum root, Heuchera micrantha
Coastal wood fern, Dryopteris arguta


Woodmint - Stachys bullata

Western columbine - Aquilegia formosa

Western columbine - Aquilegia formosa
Alum root - Heuchera micrantha
Coastal wood fern - Dryopteris arguta

Fruit of western columbine - Aquilegia formosa

Western columbine - Aquilegia formosa
Alum root - Heuchera micrantha
Sedges

Western columbine - Aquilegia formosa
Alum root - Heuchera micrantha
Sedges
Sedges - ID TBD


Alum root - Heuchera micrantha
Coastal wood fern Dryopteris arguta

Comments

Anonymous said…
You live in paradise! You've created your own paradise! It's gorgeous.
Unknown said…
I would swear those sedges have doubled in size since I saw them last month.

So great to have a mental picture in my mind of where this slope is! Thank you again for inviting us to your home and garden!

Kari
Country Mouse said…
Thanks QBC and Kari, for leaving your notes - it's wonderful to have kindred spirits enjoy my bit of paradise!